Post-Judgment Modification of Support

Dow Divorce Law Staten Island Family Lawyers

Circumstances in your life may have changed since your divorce was finalized with a settlement agreement. You may need greater assistance with child support due to the increased needs of your children or due to a loss of income. You may need additional spousal support from an ex-spouse so that you can get the education or job training required to transition yourself into the job market. You may have been beset by an illness or disability that has caused you to lose employment, requiring increased assistance from your ex-spouse. You may be the paying spouse who has suffered changes which prevent you from providing the support you originally agreed to. Seek assistance from us at Dow Divorce Law right away!

Speak With a Staten Island Divorce Lawyer

Child support and spousal support obligations can be modified through the courts. When child support modification is sought, the courts will consider it in light of what is in the best interests of the child. Spousal support can also be modified through the courts if you can show the occurrence of a substantial change in your circumstances which justifies such a modification. In either case, you will need a competent Staten Island divorce lawyer to manage your case.

Contact us if you need to seek a post-judgment modification of support through the courts.

Have Questions?

We Have Answers!
  • Where Can I File My Divorce Paper Work?
    If you are currently engaged in an uncontested divorce then you can file your divorce papers at the County Clerk’s Office, or online using the New York State Courts Electronic Filing System. However, many times this isn’t the case and you need an attorney that will guide you through your divorce. Contact my firm today for more information.
  • What Are Grounds for Divorce in the State of New York?
    In New York any of the following reason will qualify you for a divorce: complete marital division (no-fault divorce) for a period of at least 6 months, abuse, abandonment, prison time, cheating, or a period of legal separation.
  • Why Aren’t My Strategy Sessions Free of Charge?
    Nationwide, many attorneys offer free case consultations, but when you enter the office you are not given a consultation of your rights and your options. That is why at my law office you will not be met with unfulfilled promises. During one of my case strategy meetings, I can guide you through your entire case and outline your options if you decide to pursue legal action with my firm. With my experience, skills, and knowledge you can rest assured that your case will be treated with care.
Get One-On-One Attention From a Divorce Law Office in Staten Island and Middlesex County