Staten Island Family Divorce Attorney

Staten Island Family Law Attorney

Child Visitation Rights Lawyer

Child visitation is an important legal issue for both parents and children. Most courts encourage a continuing connection between parents and their children. This means that, in most cases, the non-custodial parent will be able to continue his or her relationship with the child on an ongoing basis. If you need legal counsel concerning child visitation as either the custodial or non-custodial parent you should consult with me. Because I focus my practice exclusively on family law, I am well-versed on the state regulations and procedures involved in determining family matters.

Divorce Lawyer for Staten Island, Brooklyn, Monmouth & Middlesex Counties

If you are having problems with visitation rights as either the custodial or non-custodial parent, you may have to go to court to resolve the issue. You will benefit from the legal representation of a competent Staten Island divorce attorney who can ensure that your rights are protected through the courts. If you are the non-custodial parent you must continue to make child support payments to avoid becoming the subject of an enforcement application.

The non-custodial parent can generally obtain visitation rights from the court for frequent and meaningful visits with his or her child. Depending upon the logistics of where the parents reside, various visitation schedules can be arranged, such as weekends, holidays, or overnight stays during the week. Courts favor allowing a child to continue a relationship with both parents and will deny visitation rights to a parent only if it is in the best interests of the child.

If you have visitation rights and are being denied visits by your ex-spouse, you must seek help from the courts. If you are a custodial parent who wishes to change or deny visitation rights of your ex-spouse upon legitimate grounds, you also must go through the courts. In my practice as a Staten Island child visitation attorney, I can provide experienced legal help in any matter concerning visitation rights.

Contact me at the firm today for legal counsel in any matter concerning child visitation.